F-O-R-T-U-N-E Franchise Corporation, Inc., along with its franchisees and affiliates that share the mark “FPC” or “F-O-R-T-U-N-E Personnel Consultants” (collectively “FPC”, the “Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”) provides this notice (this “Privacy Notice”) to help you make informed decisions when using our services (the “Services”), when applying for a franchise opportunity with us, and when visiting our websites (https://fpcnational.com and https://fpcfranchise.com/) (our “Websites”). This Privacy Notice describes how and why we collect, use, store, share, transfer or otherwise process any personal data that we collect (both online and offline), and describes your rights in respect of our processing of personal data.
WHEN WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
We collect and process personal data by expressly obtaining it from you, including in the following instances, either via the Websites, via email or offline: (a) when you contact us, (b) when you provide us with your resume as a job candidate, (c) when your company provides personal data of your company representatives to us as a potential client of ours, and (d) when you provide personal data (including your personal financial information) in connection with applying to purchase an FPC franchise.
With respect to the personal data we collect and process, we will typically be the data controller. In some cases, we may be a data processor.
WHAT TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
WHAT INFORMATION DOES THE COMPANY COLLECT FROM YOU?
The personal data that the Company collects via the Websites, via email or offline includes:
- Job Candidates – If you use our Services to apply for a job, you may provide us with the following personal data: full name, phone number(s), email address, city location, and all information you include on your resume (including work history, education history and any other personal data that you include in your resume). In addition, we may ask you to (or you may choose to) provide us with additional personal data that is not in your resume.
- Clients – Clients and potential clients that use our Services may provide us with the following personal data pertaining to one or more of their representatives: full name, address, position at the company, phone numbers and email addresses.
- Potential Franchisees – Individuals who are interested in purchasing an FPC franchise will need to provide the following personal data: full name, phone number(s), email address, city location, financial information, and all information you include on your resume (including work history, educational information and any other personal data that you include in your resume). We may run a background check on all individuals who express an interest in purchasing an FPC franchise. Through that background check process, we may gather from you or from third parties personal data about all such individuals. In addition, we may ask you to (or you may choose to) provide us with additional personal data in connection with your interest in purchasing an FPC franchise.
- Discretionary Contact With Us – The Websites allow you to contact us electronically through email. Whenever you make such contact, you will be providing us with some or all of the following personal data: your name, email address, phone number and any information you choose to include in the text of your message.
WHAT TYPES OF TECHNICAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
The Websites use commonly-used automated information gathering tools. While you are using our Websites, we automatically log your internet protocol (IP) address which is a number assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, general data (including your domain name and the name of the web page from which you entered our Websites) and your activity while accessing and using our Websites.
We may also use small bits of code called "one-pixel gifs," "clear gifs," or "web beacons" embedded in web pages to gather certain web site information. Information may also be collected passively in the form of log files that record website activity, including how many "hits" a particular web page is getting (a.k.a., "click-through data"). For example, log file entries are generated every time a user visits a particular page or clicks an image on our Websites. These entries enable us to track a particular user's visits to a web page, assess overall Site activity, track user interest in portions of our Websites, troubleshoot technical concerns, and identify the type of browser you are using. We may also use the log file entries for our internal marketing and demographic studies, so we can constantly improve our Websites.
By visiting our Websites, you consent to the placement of cookies and beacons in your browser and HTML-based emails in accordance with this Privacy Notice. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. If you disable cookies, some features of our Websites may become disabled, and some aspects of our Websites may not function properly. Deleting cookies does not necessarily delete Flash objects. You can learn more about Flash objects – including how to control and disable them – through the Adobe interface.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND TECHNICAL DATA
We process personal data to operate our business, to provide Services, and to operate our Websites. Specific purposes for processing personal data include:
- to provide our Services;
- to determine whether to sell an FPC franchise to you;
- to correspond with you regarding the Company or matters arising under our agreements with you;
- to assess your suitability for any position for which you may apply to work at the Company as an employee;
- to inform you of developments about the Company that we believe may be of interest to you;
- to conduct research and development for the improvement of our Websites;
- to monitor website usage and other activity;
- for our internal operations, including troubleshooting and diagnosing problems with our computer servers;
- for identification and security purposes;
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal processes and requests;
- to enforce our agreements with you; and
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves, our users and others.
PARTIES WITH WHOM WE MAY SHARE PERSONAL DATA AND TECHNICAL DATA
We use third party service providers (our “Service Providers”) to assist us in operating our business. Service Providers provide a wide range of services to us, including legal and compliance, accountancy, investment banking, marketing, data analytics, telecommunications (including telephone and video conferencing), website administration, information technology, courier, human resources and security services.
We share job seekers’ personal data with our recruiters, as well as with our clients to fill job positions at our clients. We share potential franchisees’ personal data with our Service Providers in connection with our due diligence efforts to determine whether a potential franchisee is suitable.
From time to time, we may share your personal data with our franchisees, affiliates and Service Providers. Those franchisees, affiliates and Service Providers may process your personal data on our behalf and at our direction. The types of personal data we may share with our franchisees, affiliates and Service Providers include:
- your name;
- your contact data (including email address and telephone numbers);
- technical data, including internet protocol (IP) address, login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device identifiers, geolocation information, and other technology on the devices you use to access our Website;
- information about how you use our Websites and our Services; and
- your preferences in receiving marketing from us and from third parties, as well as your communication preferences.
We may also share personal data about you with others if:
- we have received your permission;
- we have given you notice, such as by telling you about it in this Privacy Notice;
- we have removed your name or any other personally identifying information from it; or
- it is necessary to carry out your instructions or in order to provide the features and functionality of our Websites.
We may also share anonymous / aggregated information with third parties, including our franchisees, affiliates and Service Providers, to facilitate our business operations.
Additionally, we may share your personal data for the following purposes:
- to protect and defend our rights, property, or safety or those of our users, or others;
- to enforce the terms that govern the Websites or our provision of the Services;
- to issue requests for employment verification or references to those to whom you have directed us;
- when we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities (such as for potential fraud or infringement); and
- when required to do so by law or regulation, or in response to legal process (for example, a court order, search warrant or subpoena) or a request from a law enforcement or governmental agency or authority, and in other circumstances in which we have a good faith belief that a crime has been or is being committed by you or another user or that an emergency exists.
“DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS
We do not collect personal data about your online activities over time and across third party websites or online services. Accordingly, we do not currently process or comply with any web browser's "do not track" signal or other mechanisms that provide consumers with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal data about your online activities over time and across third party websites.
From time to time, we may allow third party companies to collect certain anonymous information when you visit our Websites. These companies may collect and use data during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements on other sites about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or a third party web beacon to collect this information.
We retain your personal data while your account is in existence, or as needed to provide Services to you. We may also retain your personal data if retention is reasonably necessary for us, our franchisees and our affiliates to comply with our legal obligations, meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes between us and any third party, resolve any disputes between users, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce this Privacy Notice or our agreements with you, and for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis. We may also retain personal data if requested by law enforcement or as required under applicable law, regulation or legal process. Any information that we delete may continue to persist in our backup files.
We do not intend for children under 18 years of age to use our Websites or our Services. The Company does not knowingly collect or solicit personal data from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register. However, in any event, if you are under 18, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. By using our Websites, you represent that you are at least 18 years old.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES, ADVERTISERS AND APPLICATIONS
The Company may reference or include links to third party websites. The Company does not control and is not responsible for the third-party websites or for the privacy policies or information practices of third parties or their websites. You should review the privacy policies applicable to such third party services, applications, websites and advertisers. Moreover, the Company does not have access to, or control of, the cookies that may be placed by such third parties.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Because security is important to both you and us, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. The Company employs physical, electronic and administrative safeguards to protect the information we receive from you from unauthorized disclosure. If you suspect unauthorized access to your information, it is your responsibility to contact us immediately at email@example.com. Internet data transmission is not always secure and we cannot warrant that information you transmit utilizing this Site is secure.
BUSINESS TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
We may, in the future, sell or otherwise transfer some or all of its assets to a third party. Your personal data and technical information may be disclosed to any potential or actual third party purchasers of such assets and/or may be among those assets transferred. We may also share or transfer personal data and technical information in connection with a merger, divestiture, reorganization or other disposition (whether of assets, stock or otherwise), or in the event of our bankruptcy or other insolvency proceeding.
DATA SHARING INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS ONLY
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits California residents to request and obtain from us a list of personal data (if any) that we disclose to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year, if we know or reasonably should know that the third parties use the personal data for their own direct marketing purposes. Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, we currently do not share any personal data with third parties that we know or reasonably should know they use for their own direct marketing purposes.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Our computer servers are located in the United States and in Canada. Accordingly, all personal data in our possession and control is collected and processed by us in the United States or in Canada. Any party that provides personal data to us is thereby transferring such data to the United States or Canada, and is consenting to the transfer of their personal data thereto. Individuals who access the Websites from outside the United States or Canada do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, rules and regulations.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We reserve the right, at any time, to modify or update this Privacy Notice. Any such modifications or updates will be effective upon posting on any of the Websites. You are responsible for checking the Websites for any updates to this Privacy Notice. If we modify this Privacy Notice, your continued use of the Websites will signify your acceptance of the modified Privacy Notice.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
We will address any questions or concerns about our Privacy Notice or about our processing of your personal data. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our mailing address is:
F-O-R-T-U-N-E Franchise Corporation, Inc.
1983 Marcus Avenue, Suite 106
Lake Success, NY 11042